- USA Learns has six English courses to help students learn beginning and intermediate English, prepare for the U.S. Citizen naturalization process, and master communication skills for nursing assistant work. The courses include videos and interactive learning activities to help students practice and improve your English skills in listening comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, spelling, pronunciation, reading, writing, speaking and life skills. In August 2021, U.S.A. Learns launched an upgraded and mobile-optimized website. (Note - U.S.A. Learns is ad supported.)
Prerequisites: Active email; basic digital literacy skills.
- Proxy Hour Equivalent: Time on task, as per timeout setting provided by publisher; multiply the amount of clocktime recorded by 1.25 using the Proxy Hour Formula Excel document., to account for teacher coordination with learner, and round to nearest quarter hour.
- Proxy Hour Documentation: Use the Student Activity by Class report in USAL, then convert to proxy hours for entering in SID as noted above. Here's a detailed how-to screencast on Youtube.
- Use this form to calculate proxy hours.
- USAL How to screencast for learners
- General information on the four available courses.
- USAL Youtube Channel
- USA Learns Teacher/Admin login
181 and higher