MobyMax is an online program designed for K-8 schools to offer differentiated learning and fill gaps in student knowledge. It provides beginning literacy instruction for Pre-Beginning and Beginning ESL learners.
- Request an account on our statewide virtual school license for MobyMax.
- Proxy Hours Equivalent/Criteria for Awarding Proxy Hours: Clocktime, as per timeout setting provided by publisher; multiply the amount of clocktime recorded by 1.25, to account for teacher coordination with learner, and round to nearest quarter hour.
- Proxy Hour Documentation: the Work Time report, which can be found on the Day Tally tab of the Time Summary section of the teacher site. Click the “Print” button for downloadable options (PDF or spreadsheet). The Proxy Hour Award Formula spreadsheet can be used to calculate the additional .25 time per hour.
- Prerequisites: Appropriate for all levels of ESL literacy (CASAS 153+). The curriculum ends with 8th grade content, so would not be appropriate for GED preparation or adult diploma programs. It may be appropriate for basic skills/pre-GED students
- Web-based: Yes.
- Available on tablets/smart phones: Yes (not as a separate app, but the website is mobile-friendly.)
- Resources: Easy-to-use teacher documentation is available within the teacher site.
- How to run reports screencast for DL proxy hours reporting
- How to see, add, remove a student's Principal teacher and other teachers that student is shared with in MM
- Moby Max Webinar recording from 2/6/20
- Moby Max for Distance Learning Webinar recording from 5/720 and slides.
- Moby Max Login Guide for Learners (download and edit for your program/learners)
- Advanced Tutorial video
- Choosing curriculum screencast
- Assigning Content and Sequencing (download for your staff)
- MM FAQ for Teachers
- Moby Max Vimeo Channel
Free and paid Pro versions.
Susan Wetenkamp-Brandt, Heather Turngren