COVID Programming Changes
Literacy Minnesota is canceling and adapting our programming at this time due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Our COVID-19 resource page contains lots of information to help learners, VISTA members, volunteers and other stakeholders navigate the pandemic.
- All of our Open Door Learning Centers are closed through at least June 12, with virtual learning opportunities in place to help learners stay on track. Listen to our school closure announcement in five languages.
- All in-person tutor training workshops and volunteer information sessions are cancelled through June 30. Please check the events calendar for webinars being offered.
- The Adult Literacy Hotline will be available to return messages when calls are not able to be answered. Please expect some delays with this service.
- We are not accepting book donations at this time.
- Instead of the live Beyond Words Bash originally planned for April 16, we're sharing a VIRTUAL CAMPAIGN. Virtual Beyond Words features many of the inspiring voices you would have heard at the live bash. Now more than ever, literacy learners need your support. Keep an eye on your inbox and social media platforms for updates about how you can participate!
- Our VISTA recruitment process is operating in a mostly virtual environment with candidate interviews for Summer Reads and Literacy Leader positions taking place by video conference.
- Current VISTAs who are assigned to a site that is closed should follow the policies of their host site and contact our office for any additional instructions. Telework is permitted for VISTAs but requires paperwork; current VISTA members should see their site supervisor for additional information.
- Our various technology initiatives already function largely on a virtual basis. These will continue as usual for the foreseeable future.
- Other in-person meetings should be handled remotely.
Please continue to check this page for an updated list of what is CLOSED and what is CONTINUING. We’re very sorry for the interruption of programming and look forward to being back in session as soon as possible. Stay tuned for updates and be well.