MN Policies and Procedures
Minnesota ABE DL policies and procedures
State policies and procedures
- State Distance Learning Policy
- Addendum to Distance Learning Policy, for Teacher Created Courses (2020) As of 3/1/21, we are again accepting applications for review - see below
Federal policies and procedures
Proxy Hour and DL Platform Approval Process
- Download this flowchart to understand the approval process.
- Form to request approval for platforms from publishers.
- A Teacher Created Online Course should include at least 12 lessons totaling 20 proxy hours or more. Courses can include materials teachers have created, materials from published resources they have curated, or a mix. Here are the Time-on-Task submission instructions, the instructions for Unit Completion submissions, the form to request approval for Unit Completion Courses, and the form to request approval for Time-on-Task Courses.
The Teacher Verification Model (TVM) is a new pathway for Minnesota ABE teachers and programs to count proxy hours for asynchronous lessons that have been verified by a TVM certified teacher. To be certified to use the Teacher Verification Model - Lesson Checklist and Submission Form, individuals must have completed all modules (1-6) of the new Distance and Blended Learning Basics for Minnesota Adult Education online course, OR the old online Distance Learning Basics course, plus modules 5 (MN ABE Distance Education Policy and Procedures) and 6 (TVM in Practice) in the new online course. This page offers complete information on TVM.