We have currently reached our max capacity for accepting used book donations. If you would like to organize a NEW BOOK DRIVE, please contact Emily Jahn: firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-251-9084.
Each year, Literacy Minnesota provides approximately 10,000 books directly to kids and families who need them through our Summer Reads program and other school district or nonprofit partners. Thank you for your interest in donating children's books to Literacy Minnesota!
Our highest need is for multilingual books and books featuring diverse characters and themes.
We accept donations of:
- New or gently-used children's books appropriate for ages pre-K to fifth grade:
- Board books for early readers and preschoolers
- Picture books
- Easy chapter books
- Middle-grade chapter books
We CANNOT accept donations of:
- Adult or young adult books
- Damaged books (tears, water damage, broken spines, etc)
- Instructional manuals, encyclopedias, teacher guides and textbooks
- Religious or holiday books
We accept book donations by appointment only.
To donate books, please fill out the book donation form below, and a Literacy Minnesota staff member will reach out to you with next steps.
You must fill out the book donation form prior to donating your books.
Donations made without a completed form will be rejected.
If we cannot accept your donation, we recommend Books for Africa.
Questions? Contact Emily at email@example.com or 651-251-9084.