Literacy Minnesota's online courses are interactive and self-paced. Most courses offer Continuing Education Units (CEU's) for teacher re-licensure.
A sampling of online courses we offer:
- Volunteer in the Adults ESL Classroom - This training prepares new volunteers to work in an Adult ESL classroom, and provides ongoing development for experienced classroom volunteers. Topics covered include volunteer roles, culture and cultural awareness, responding to errors and effective floating in the ESL classroom.
- Tutoring Basics - Tutoring Basics will provide you with core strategies for structuring a tutoring session that is intentional and skill-based. If you’re new to tutoring K-12 students, this workshop is a great place to start!
- Foundations of Intercultural Development - Introductory course that provides a foundation for further learning. Appropriate for those who work with public school students and their managers/supervisors.
- Reducing the Stigma of Mental Illness - This course is for Adult Basic Education practitioners to learn strategies to reduce the stigma of mental illness. This course offers 3 Continuing Education Units (CEU's).
- Citizenship Tutor Training - The Citizenship Tutor Training educates teachers and tutors to assist students in preparing for United States Citizenship through naturalization. This course offers 3 Continuing Education Units (CEU's).
- Computer Literacy Curriculum Planning - This course will provide resources and tools for planning and implementing a computer literacy course for adult learners. This course offers 6 Continuing Education Units (CEU's).