Literacy Minnesota Courses for Adults (formerly Learner Web)
These courses provide a learning support system for adults who want to accomplish specific learning objectives such as preparing for a job.
- Proxy Hour Equivalent: Varies by course and unit within the course. Units within courses should have proxy hour totals in the heading of units. Courses include Child Development; CNA Preparation; Manufacturing; and Medical Terminology.
- Criteria for awarding Proxy Hour Equivalent: Number of completed units.
- Proxy Hour Documentation: Pull the Activity Completion report from the course administration menu (click on the gear icon, top right of screen), click on the Activity Completion report. Click on Seperate Groups and select your program name. Scroll down and click on Download in Excel compatible format (.csv). Open the Excel doc and and review for completed quizzes. You must download the report as a spreadsheet to view quiz completion dates. Here's a 6 minute screencast showing you how to download the report and calculate hours.
- Prerequisite: Varies by plan.
- Web-based: Yes
- Available on tablets/smart phones: Yes (some web resources embedded in learning plans may not work on these devices, however)
- Go to the Literacy Minnesota online training site homepage: https://literacymn.crhosts.cloud/ and sign up for an account, if you don’t already have one.
- If you are not an teacher in the course, contact Susan Wetenkamp-Brandt at the DL Support Desk email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Your name and email address
- Your ABE program name, as you would like it listed in the user groups
- Which of the four course(s) (listed above) for which you are requesting access
- Susan will set enroll you as an instructor in the course(s) and contact you with information about how to enroll your students