- Brief description: Khan Academy, modeled after computer gaming, uses YouTube videos to cover a wide range of subjects, including math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. It includes practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. Content covers very basic through highly advanced. Teachers should insure that claimed content is ABE eligible.
- Proxy Hours Equivalent/Criteria for Awarding Proxy Hours: Clocktime, as per timeout setting provided by publisher; multiply the amount of clocktime recorded by 1.25, to account for teacher coordination with learner, and round to nearest quarter hour. Note that reports show time spent in MINUTES, not hours.
- Proxy Hour Documentation: Report from data management system.
- Prerequisites: Starts at a very low level so could be used with nearly everyone who has an understanding of the English language.
- Web-based: Yes
- Available on tablets/smart phones: Yes
- Access: Free
- Superuser: Susan Wetenkamp-Brandt